Sunday, February 12, 2017

Resin Studio Demo

My third newsletter is online here.  If you would like to receive it in your inbox each month, please subscribe at the bottom of it.

This past month has been busier than usual, but not busy as in hurry, hurry, hurry---just more commitments.  I am as always trying to stay focused on the task at hand while still taking a little time to dream, wander, and take it easy when possible.

I gave a demo last Sunday afternoon for some of our Carolina Mixed Media Art Guild members and a couple of our Sanford Brush and Palette Club members on how to use a two part resin and a few other short demos on using Jacquard silk fabric dyes and salts to create backgrounds.  A few participants painted with alcohol inks and applied resin to their paintings.

I used ArtResin for the demo. With about twelve people in my studio sampling resin, I wanted to be sure the odor was not overwhelming to those who are sensitive to resin. I heard no complaint about the odor of this resin unlike other resins I have used.  ArtResin is a superb resin in many ways.  If you wish to know more about it in comparison to others, you can read about it here.  

Each person applied resin on at least two paintings.  I had planned to take photos of participants and their art, but forgot.  These were some of the ones that were left in my studio to cure.  (Permission was granted to post these images.)

Elena Gage brought several of her Pēbēo paintings to test the effect that resin had on them.  They had been painted over a week earlier. This is important if applying resin over Pēbēo.  These are some of her first paintings and they are wonderful, but even better in person!




These are a couple of photos of Cathy Hooper's alcohol ink paintings that she did at the studio and applied an ArtResin™ finish. These are on Ampersand Claybord™.



I enjoyed doing this demo so much that I have plans to do this type of activity once a month in my studio.  It will be a potluck demo--anything that I have a 'taste' for at the time and the supplies that I have on hand so participants can experiment using their own style and art.

If you are interested in attending, the demos will most likely be on a Sunday afternoon in my studio in Sanford.  Please email me and I will put you on a notification list. Demos will be limited to 15 participants.  There will be a jar for donations---no more than $5 per person. This money will be donated to the Sanford Brush & Palette or the Carolina Mixed Media Art Guild.  

Sorry, I cannot tell you what I will demo until I stumble across it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment