Friday, January 29, 2016

A Painting a Day - Second Report

I have not been able to complete a painting a day as planned, but the good news is I am not too far behind to still catch up.  I realize now that to paint a large painting is sometimes more than a week's worth of work so to add other paintings each day along with the business of being an artist, I was overly ambitious!  But that is my nature.

I am not going to alter my expectations just yet as I have more paintings in the works even though not complete.

To view my first ten days, you can see them here.

First painting that I completed this session was an oil painting. It is an abstract based on the Outer Banks Coastal Line.



24"x6"x2"
Outer Banks, NC

I taught a class in how to turn a non-porous surface into a porous surface to accept watercolors or silk fabric dyes. I completed these gourds for the class and the day after the class. # 1612, #1613, #1614






A couple of months ago, I sold the painting, The Dance of the Jellyfish.  I had two requests to paint two more jellyfish paintings by different people.  I started the new one at the beginning of the year and had just finished it on the 15th and had been holding it until the weather was good to get a good photograph. 

I delivered it to the Carolina Artists' Colony yesterday and it was purchased by the same buyer as soon as it entered the doors.  I am thrilled, but will need to stay focused on making another since this one had been started for others interested in a jellyfish painting like the first that had sold. Although I did not intentionally make this one to go with the first, they have a mirror image look to them and this one has a couple of seahorses.  They will be hung in a beautiful home in Florida on each side of the fireplace.

This photo is not good, but with the sheen to the surface, it is almost impossible to get a good photo without a sunny day.




  #1615
The Dance of the Jellyfish II
48"x36"x2"

A friend, (Hi Elena!) came to visit for a day and we decided to use some paints that I seemed to never touch. I was just getting the hang of the paints by the time I painted the third one shown here. We spent the day painting 6"x6"x1" paintings---hearts for Valentine's Day. 


#1616 The Dotted Heart
#1617 Every heart has a question(mark).
#1618 The Purple Heart



#1619
Deep in the Volcano
6"x6"x1"


#1620
Eye of the Feather
6"x6"x1"


#1621
I carry your heart in mine.
6"x6"x1"


I am testing new alcohol inks.  These three are 12"x12" and are not for sale until I determine how colorfast the brand is.  #1622, #1623 and #1624. It is very difficult to get an element this large so I hope it turns out that they do not fade over the next year after being exposed to my studio light and some sunlight every day. 








#1625
In Search of Gold
12"x12"


Update:  Today is January 31 and I ended up with 25 paintings completed for the month instead of the 31 that I had planned. Some of the 25 were small ones, but I also taught a class, and did numerous other things needed to keep home and studio flowing. I began a new series for February today and have two already in the works.  I will be out of my studio for a week in February so will need to work double time the rest of the month. Wish me luck!

Website       JeanneRhea.com
Blog            JeanneRhea
Old Blog      ArtfortheHeart
Facebook   JeanneRheaStudio











No comments:

Post a Comment