Tuesday, November 5, 2019


This is my October newsletter.  


View this email in your browser
Jeanne Rhea Studio News

October 2019

 

Sanford Brush & Palette Club
 55th Annual Art Show


Bob E. Hales Center
147 McIver Street, Sanford, NC
October 19-26, 2019 
MON-FRI: 11AM - 6PM
SAT: 10AM - 6PM
SUN: 1 - 6PM

 

It is not often that a town the size of Sanford has so much talent and an art show of this size. This is the 55th year and my fourth year to participate. I will be working several afternoons so stop by and say hi if you are in town.

There will be over 500 original works of art. Prizes will be awarded in each of the eighteen categories. Come and enjoy the art, demonstrations, conversations, and friendship. Sign up for some giveaways and support the club's 
Art Angels project.

You can visit the Sanford Brush & Palette's Facebook page and read all about the additional activities throughout the week.

While visiting Sanford

There are many other activities and businesses to visit.  The Sew Many Pieces Quilt Show is open on October 18 & 19 at the Dennis Wicker Civic Center.

Just a few blocks from the Brush & Palette's Art Exhibition is the Sanford Antique Mall.  This month marks their twentieth anniversary!  You will never find friendlier or more helpful staff than at this mall. Stop by and enjoy browsing thousands of square feet of collectibles, home decor, gifts, and antiques.  

Kathy's Java Express Cafe adjoining the Sanford Antique Mall has soups, sandwiches and of course coffee! 
 

 Painting above is Earthly Spheres and is 16"x16"x2.5".




Awards and Recognition


This has been a rewarding two months for juried exhibitions that I entered.  Some of these juried shows have up to 800 entries.

For LightSpaceTime's 13th Solo Art Exhibition Series, I was chosen for an Artist's Showcase feature for two weeks beginning October 15.  You can read what this entails, my bio and a statement about my art process on the LightSpaceTime website.

I also received a Special Recognition Award and a Special Merit award from 
LightSpaceTime in October for the Patterns, Textures & Forms Art Exhibition for my paintings Clockworks VII and Elemental Energy. This competition had almost 1,000 entries so to place was a major accomplishment!

In September 2019, I received a Special Merit Award from LightSpaceTime for my painting Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. 

j


         
Don't be afraid of the dark.
24"x30"x2"


Sneak Peek of New Work

I made my first attempt at painting representationally for the Sanford Brush & Palette Show.  I painted three realistic bees on a geometric abstract like background.  I used oils or acrylics between each layer of resin so it has a 3D effect. I must say that I surprised myself and had a lot of fun trying something new.  The photos show the entire painting and a close-up. The bees give off a wonderful shadow effect with the resin.  (The lighter area around the top and the left side is the reflection of the light coming through the resin layers.  This does not show in the actual painting.)

For a bee, it is all too real.
18"x24"x2.5"




Art Locally

You can see more of my work at these locations in the area.  ARTworks Vass and Liquidambar have larger paintings. North Carolina Crafts Gallery and 311 Gallery carry coasters. Sanford Antique Mall has coasters, magnets, and smaller paintings.
ARTworks Vass
Liquidambar

North Carolina Crafts Gallery
311Gallery
Sanford Antique Mall




Blog Link
Please note:  I have only sent this email to those who have expressed interest in my art.  If you no longer wish to receive this email, please click on the unsubscribe link below.



Twitter
Facebook
Jeanne Rhea
Email
Copyright © 2019 Jeanne Rhea, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment